Retirement Housing Property Management
Inspired Property Management offer specialist retirement housing property management with the objective of offering a flexible and sympathetic approach to management issues tailored to each individual development’s needs throughout Yorkshire and across the North of England.
All of our policies and procedures comply with The Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM) Code of Practice for England, which was approved by the Government under the Leasehold, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
Our experience in property management allows us to utilise our expertise within the retirement housing sector and includes two areas of specialism in residential care homes, as well as mixed developments.
With the primary goal of providing you with a comprehensive and caring property management service, you can be confident that your property will be managed and maintained to a very high standard.
Our Retirement Property Management services cover:
- The preparation and issue of service charge budgets, demands and collection
- Annual service charge accounts including collection of ground rents where contracted to do so.
- Daily maintenance matters and redecoration works of communal areas and arranging settlement of accounts.
- Arranging and supervising maintenance accounts for all plant and equipment.
- Arranging when necessary, in accordance with the lease, quotations for both scheduled and unscheduled building works and repairs.
- Liaising and management of all service companies, contractors and public utilities with regard to such works.
- Full involvement and project management with all major works as required under the terms of the lease.
- Entering into employment contracts with staff as appropriate and effecting supervision of such staff.
- Making agreed visits per annum to the property and working in partnership with the block Managers to ensure smooth day-to-day running.
- Instructing solicitors on behalf of clients in relation to service charges or other matters.
- Arrange details of insurance premiums and also recovery of relevant amounts from each leaseholder via the service charge.
- Administering advance reserves or sinking funds and the maintenance of any banking accounts specifically opened for that purpose. All such monies collected are placed in an interest bearing account with interest to the fund and not to the individual lessees.
- Checking compliance with terms of leases and statutory requirements.
- Producing an annual estimate of expenditure for service charge purposes and contributions to reserves.
- Producing a forward forecast for internal and external refurbishment as per the terms of the lease.
- Full co-operation is given to owners, residents, agents and solicitors in the event of a unit’s change of ownership.
- The attendance at Managers meetings as well as the Annual General Meeting (if required) and regular reporting on block affairs, commenting on the state of repair, decoration and any other relevant matters.
- 24 Hour maintenance and emergency line for all residents to a property professional that will come out in an emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Carry out licenses to alter the lease extensions on behalf of our residents.
For more information about our retirement housing property management services or if you would like to talk to one of our property experts, please call us on 01302 729500 or email us on email@example.com